"There is something wrong with a society that drives a car to work out in a gym."

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 45

I have discovered an interesting feature of the iPhone camera... The sign in the picture is actually straight up, but we were driving by in a car when I took it... Apparently, the iPhone records images from right to left (top to bottom in the picture) so that the top of the sign was recorded before the bottom of the sign... Makes me wonder if this could be exploited to create snapshots that a normal camera would be unable to make...

Anyways, we had a fun and relaxing day at the Utah State Fair (fried alligator on a stick!), wandering around downtown SLC, and swimming in the Great Salt Lake (well, not swimming so much as just floating around...) Plus lots of food!

Tomorrow, we head south to catch up with the Loneliest Road (aka US Route 50) and start our journey across the desert!

3 comments:

  1. HEY!! MR.morse its max and chynna we just wanted to know how your summer was and is going. we miss you at our school and we think school is REALY boring without you!!! hope u are having alot of fun have a nice trip and be safe.

    max&chynna

    ReplyDelete
  2. My trip has been pretty amazing so far! Thanks for writing. I miss you guys and all my other students. I'll come visit sometime this fall. In the meantime, I hope you're getting to school on time Max! And I don't believe you about being bored... You get to take science now, and Geometry is way more fun than Algebra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I recently saw a post on some blog about this -- apparently there are a number of people who take cool photos (especially of airplane propellers) using this effect...

    Ricky

    ReplyDelete