"There is something wrong with a society that drives a car to work out in a gym."

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 43

Start: Roosevelt, UT
End: Lodgepole Campground, 16 miles south east if Heber, UT
Distance today: 83.1
Total: 2809.0

Climbed up about 3000 feet this afternoon to the Strawberry Resevoir, shown in the picture. We're at about 8000 feet in elevation and it is COLD.

Of course, the star filled sky makes the cold worth it... Until tomorrow morning when we wake up and it's even colder and we then have to pack up and ride 7 miles downhill. Normally I love riding downhill... But I might have to bust out my sock-mittens for that ride tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. So, I found the evil plant... its called puncture vine or Tribulus terrestris. There are a lot of images of people with bikes and sad faces. Can also puncture car and small truck tires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the one! It's almost as if it was designed specifically to enrage bicyclists... It actually got me once before in eastern Colorado... In fact, the only flats I've had this whole trip so far have been due to this one evil plant.

    ReplyDelete