"There is something wrong with a society that drives a car to work out in a gym."

Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 17

Start: Linton, IN
End: Effingham, IL
Distance today: 97.3
Total: 1107.7

Here's a picture of out campsite.... Michele sleeps in the big yellow tent, I sleep on the sack on the ground. I totally think I win. Mine takes exactly 27 seconds to set up, about a minute and a half to roll up the next morning....

It was a nice cool 87 degrees today. We rode 97 miles, and yet somehow it seemed like an easy day.

We rode through some oil fields today. Did you know that Illinois has oil fields?? I sure didn't, and I lived in Illinois for four years!!

3 comments:

  1. THANKS for posting photos! It adds to the fun of 'following' you.
    My heart goes out to you guys in this heat! If you make it to Portland there are cold beers and cool evenings waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah bivies! The only way to go, obv. Until it rains, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It kept me quite dry through a massive thunderstorm back in PA. For those of you who have never experienced it, it's hard to describe quite what it feels like to be stuck in a sack with the rain pounding down on you, but it was actually kind of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete