"There is something wrong with a society that drives a car to work out in a gym."

Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 10

Start: near Freeport, OH
End: north of Newark, OH
Distance today: 79.2
Total: 641.8

Uhg. Hot and hilly ride, mostly through the middle of nowhere. I was hoping that the hills would stop now that we're in Ohio, but so far I have been proven drastically wrong.

We have assurances from several sources that our hills will soon end as we head towards Columbus tomorrow. I try to be positive and tell myself that I should enjoy the hills and curves while I can, since we have a lot of straight and flat coming up...

1 comment:

  1. Sun-filled greetings, Michelle and Chris!
    Though maybe you would prefer cloudy and cooler?
    Well, a chance meeting at the Tea Gallery in Danville, PA will now allow me to enjoy vicariously an epic journey by two....math teachers? Kudos to you for such a grand undertaking! By the way. My 24 year old son lives in Columbus. Need a place to stay?
    Betsy back in Danville

    ReplyDelete