"There is something wrong with a society that drives a car to work out in a gym."

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Last Day in Rishikesh

I have been at the ashram here for almost two weeks.

I feel like I should have more to say about it right now than I do, but to be honest the last week has been about the same as the first week. That's not a bad, thing. The ashram has been a very pleasant and peaceful stay. Every day at yoga I feel more stable and more flexible. I don't see myself taking classes regularly, although I might adapt some of it to personal use and do it myself. I picture myself staying at Seneca Lake and waking up in the morning and doing some yoga out on the dock facing the rising sun. It sounds like a nice way to start the day.... :)

Anyways, I'm off down south to Bangalore to spend a few days with my old roommate Vaibhav (whom I have not seen in almost 7 years!)

And, after Bangalore, I will be flying out to China to see Liza and Collin! (And hopefully spend a few weeks learning Mandarin in preparation for moving to Taiwan this summer)

In other news, I was accepted into Cornell for Architecture!!! I applied last fall, completely unsure about wether or not I actually wanted to go, but I figured I should keep my options open. (I also did not at all expect to be accepted, considering my complete lack of any design experience whatsoever) As you all know by now, I have since then already accepted a job teaching in Taiwan. So what do I do about architecture? I also don't have to decide until I hear back from the two other schools that I applied to (Berkeley and Oregon), but considering I already accepted the job, I won't be going to grad school this year. Perhaps I can defer my acceptance for a year (or two????) Or maybe I can simply re-apply in two years?

I really think I would enjoy learning all the different aspects that go into architecture. I am interested to see how I handle the challenge, as I'm sure architecture school would be a ridiculous amount of work. I'm not too excited about spending tons of money... and at the end of the day, I don't really know what the prospects for an architecture grad student will be out in the real world (they don't sound good at the moment....)

No comments:

Post a Comment